The Basketball Network is a whole of sport technology solution, which provides associations and clubs with the capacity to better manage their sporting business. The Basketball Network comprises a range of extensive products that assist competition and membership management. Using these tools will extend your reach, providing your members and participants with access to professional sport support services, accurate and timely information, stats and news that you can share via your own website (mobile rendered). This solution also provides you with the capacity to better capture, report and communicate with your membership base.
The Basketball Network is delivered by Basketball Australia (BA) in conjunction with SportsTG, the industry leader in providing award-winning whole-of-sport solutions. SportsTG knows sport and they have a proven track record of delivering technology solutions that benefit sport, especially basketball.
By joining The Basketball Network you become part of a solution that is actively serving over 80% of the Australian basketball community. A program that has seen and will continue to see, significant investment by Basketball Australia and SportsTG
Affiliated Associations and Clubs have the opportunity to access these products at no cost*.
As part of The Basketball Network Basketball Australia also provide a range of premium products to compliment the TBN offering, delivered for an annual licensing fee;
Advanced Website - provides greater functionality than the standard option and integrates with your membership data. An advanced site is built to adapt to mobile and tablet screen sizes.
Elite Website - a completely customisable, bespoke offering suitable for any NSO, association or league looking for an individual website experience with enhanced functional capabilities.
Getting started is a 3-step process:
- Please speak to your State Contact in the first instance as they need to confirm/approve your affiliation to the state body
- Once approved, please complete the attached TBN Agreement and attach to a ticket request
- Register for a Passport account passport.sportstg.com
* SportsTG charge a fee (between 2.7% and 3.9%*, depending on payment method) that was negotiated with Basketball Australia which is inclusive of:
- Merchant processing fees
- Bank fees
- Settlement processing and reporting back to BA
- Managing chargebacks, which may include bank fees charged to STG
- Platform maintenance
- Licence Fee which enables the whole suite of products that make up the TBN to be provided free of charge to affiliated associations.
- Sport-specific product development that is fully integrated with the core platform, e.g. Courtside, Stadium Scoring
- Operational staffing (including account managers and support)
- Future product development, enabling the vendor and the sport to work together to build the next evolution of the platform
- Ensuring that the platform is compliant with privacy legislation, PCI PSS security compliance, plus any others
- Integration with other vendors who develop other products for basketball in Australia, such as FIBA LiveStats, Glory League, Active Kids Rebate Program
* 2.7% for PoliPay, 3.9% for debit/credit card, with a minimum $1 fee per transaction
Terms & Conditions
The Basketball Network Useful Guides
Memberships & Registration Guide (valid for all regions)